– Tips on how to preserve your milk.
Preservation entails an act of keeping a thing from being spoilt or keeping them from destruction. In our various homes, there is the need for us to preserve most of our edibles.
We preserve foods, fruits, vegetables, eggs and even dairy product such as milk. Without preservation, these foods items will spoil and will be of no use.
Milk as a dairy product is rich in essential vitamins and nutrients such as calcium, protein, iron, zinc and other amazing nutrients.
Due to its benefits and health importance, many of us can not do without having at least a tin of milk in our homes.
It is useful if you want to make coffee, tea, and some people even add it as an ingredient in some delicacies. In cake making, you need milk, to make your pancake, milk is important.
This is why you need to include milk in your storage if not, you might end up being stranded when you need it most.
However, it is important that you store your milk in the right ways to prevent it from destruction and to also maintain its taste and freshness. We also preserve milk to prevent bacteria from entering into it.
There are many ways you can preserve milk and to also prevent it from losing its taste. Some ways to preserve milk are;
1. To prevent milk from losing its taste and freshness, you can refrigerate it. However, refrigerating it does not mean you should allow it turn into ice, this is not good for the milk. Keep it in a fridge just to make it cold and not turn into ice.
2. Canning milk is another way of preserving it.
3. You can also pasteurize your milk. This also
prevents it from destruction or losing its taste.
4. Another method that some people use to preserve milk is by salting it. Salting your milk is also a way of preserving it.